Ballitarsin Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions.
If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
THE FORMAL PART
A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when the deposit is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
• We shall adhere to Covid regulations as the rules change about the numbers allowed to stay in one property etc. We need details for track and trace of all guests staying. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to the terms and conditions without notice.
• One person shall be responsible for booking the accommodation if for a group.
• A 25% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. This is non-refundable. The balance must be paid in full no later than eight weeks before your arrival date. Bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full.
• Individual bookings are for a maximum of four continuous weeks.
• Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
• The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
• If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
• Any cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than eight weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than eight weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due.
• If UK governments reimpose restrictions to travel or accommodation due to Covid 19, which affect your stay at Ballitarsin, the deposit and cancellation costs will be waived.
• Your booking will not be cancelled by the owners except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
• The owners reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
TRAVEL TO ISLAY
• Capacity on ferries and aircraft to the island is limited due to Covid so we strongly advise you to reserve your place on the ferry or plane as you make your booking with us. Travel to and from Ballitarsin is the booking party’s responsibility. We cannot be held liable for any travel difficulties, such as with ferries or air schedules.
• We suggest you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
• Our properties are usually let from Saturday to Saturday. Check out is by 10.00am and check in after 3.00pm.
• We need to have the houses ready for our next guests so please ensure that you are out by 10.00 am when our cleaners arrive. They need to perform the deep clean necessary between guests in these Covid times. It would be a great help to them if you could put your dirty dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on before you leave.
• Only those listed on the booking form can reside in the property. No parties or events may be held. Track and trace details are required for anyone making a temporary visit to the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
• Vaping or smoking anywhere inside the houses will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at your expense. There are ash bins outside each house for cigarette ends, should you wish to smoke outside.
• It is probably not necessary to lock up on Islay but better to make sure so please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied. The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
HELP US TO PROTECT BALLITARSIN
Ballitarsin is privately owned and is our home. We want all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house
• There is a boot tray for muddy boots to help us to protect the wooden floors.
• It is very difficult to get sand stains out of pure white towels so please don’t take any of our towels to the beach.
• We try to be an eco-friendly holiday home so please switch off lights and any electrical appliances when you go out.
• Candles are not allowed inside the houses.
• Replacement of any keys that are not returned at the end of your stay will be charged for, so please make sure you put them back in the key safe when you leave.
• All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property. • Please don’t move any furniture from one room to another. It saves the cleaners having to move them back!
• Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children in the grounds without adult supervision. Please don’t climb on fences or stones.
• The owner will not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment or appliance in the property nor for any temporary outage of electricity, water, internet connection or television service. Please let us know if something isn’t working and we will do our best to rectify the matter as soon as possible. We may enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
• Please respect other guests and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am. Park your vehicles in the designated parking area, and ensure cars do not block access to other properties. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
Well behaved owners may bring their dogs, a maximum of two per house.
• Please don’t let pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds.
• Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets including within the grounds. We don’t want other guests to have any “unpleasant surprises” as they walk about.
• Extra deposit for dogs – in making a booking you accept responsibility for any breakage or damage caused by your dogs and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of £100 is required and will be returned within 10 days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of any damage/breakages.
• Please keep the gate into Ballitarsin shut, and dogs on a lead on the access drive, so that they cannot get into the fields and worry the livestock.
• If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out.
• The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss, damage or additional cleaning costs if you leave the property in an unacceptable condition.
• Any problem or complaint which guests may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after return from holiday will not be considered by the owners.
Jacqueline and Jonathan Roberts